Coronavirus Cancellation Policy
During this period of time impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19), you have 3 cancellation options for eligible bookings:
- Cancel your booking using the as per our terms and conditions which states:
- Cancellations must be in writing. Should you cancel your confirmed booking more than 6 weeks prior to commencement of hire you will forfeit the booking deposit.
- Full payment is due 6 weeks prior to collection of vehicle.
- Should you cancel your confirmed booking up to 6 weeks prior to, or fail to turn up for commencement of hire, you will forfeit the booking deposit and hire charge already paid. This will also apply if, upon inspection of named drivers’ licences, they are found to be invalid or do not comply with the information stated on the booking form.
- Reclaim the deposit, and/or hire charge fees from your travel insurance
- For eligible bookings, you can cancel by paying the full amount and receiving a voucher for the total amount which will be valid for hire periods commencing 01-Sept-2020 until 24-Mar-2021 subject to availability. Should there be a difference in fare, you’ll need to pay this.
- Please note
Who is eligible?
- Anyone who is travelling/travelled to or from severely affected areas.
- Anyone who can’t carry out their trip due to official travel restrictions, medical or disease control duties, flight cancellation initiated by the provider due to COVID-19, or suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- Your current bookings dates must be between 23rd March 2020 and 31st May 2020. For anyone enquiring about bookings after 31st May our normal policy currently applies.
- Bookings must be cancelled 1 week in advance starting from 24rd March. If you have not cancelled your booking and received confirmation from Motorhome Escapes you will be subject to our normal cancellation procedure.
- If you have paid for the full amount of the booking you will be able to claim a voucher for the total amount.
- If you have not paid the full amount you will only be able to claim this voucher after you have paid the full amount.
The voucher issued is subject to the following conditions:
- Any new or transferred booking made using the monetary value of this voucher, will be subject to our standard terms and agreement and cancellation policies detailed here
- It is the customer’s responsibility to cancel their booking – a no show will be regarded as a 100% cancellation fee. All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The voucher must be used towards a booking period commencing 01-Sept-2020 until 24-Mar-2021 subject to availability. Any remaining balance will be deducted to nil and forfeited.
- We are not rescheduling bookings into June-August 2020.
- There will be no extensions or refunds on any voucher in any circumstances.
- Voucher is non-transferable (can only be used by the current hirer)
- The voucher is a monetary value, not a specific item value e.g. the voucher is for £800 not 10 days in a motorhome.
You can cancel by emailing email@example.com